“Inside the Magic Kingdom” Lesson 5 by Cindy Stradling CSP, CPC
Inside the Magic Kingdom Continued from previous week…
Customers are heard best through many ears
One of the ways that organizations measure their level of customer satisfaction is through surveys. While this is a great way to obtain valuable feedback it is recommended that the customers be heard by many different ways. In the book they refer to this as multiple listening posts. These posts are about the company listening to customers as opposed to listening to oneself. At Disney they use the term aggressively friendly. When I first read this I thought it was interesting and when I remember my own experience at Disney World, it was definitely the case. Some of the listening posts suggested include: posts that allow you to take immediate action, after service surveys, phone surveys and walking around and speaking with customers.
Questions for discussion with your team:
- How can we put on our ears to track customer satisfaction?
- How could the process of gathering feedback be more creative and fun?
- Remember the impact of immediate action. How can we improve our response time?
- Identify and list aspects of our job(s) that involve customer contact. (Best used for a homogeneous discussion group.)
- What formal or informal listening posts are we not using that we could be using?
- How could we become more responsive to our customer needs?