“Inside the Magic Kingdom” Lesson 3 by Cindy Stradling CSP, CPC
Inside the Magic Kingdom Continued from previous week…
Everyone walks the talk.
If you are like me you have most likely had the experience of going into a business and received inconsistent treatment. They use the term aggressively friendly at Disney. All staff are trained to stop everything when they see a guest in need. (I wish the staff would do that at the home reno store when I am standing there looking confused and not sure what to do lol) The Disney culture says Everyone walks the talk always! The real point here is more about the way you do your job. Think about this statement: Every time a customer comes in contact with your company, you have an opportunity to create value. Capitalize on that opportunity and you win. Waste it and you lose…it is a simple as that! The guest is always in charge.
Questions for discussion with your team:
- Think about the way people do their jobs here. Could we adapt the aggressively friendly concept to our companys environment?
- How might we expand customer service from a department to a tradition?
- How could we individually do an even better job of walking the talk than we do right now?
- What does walking the talk mean around here?
- How would a customers experience be different if everyone here walked the talk?