I have conducted many assessments since the start of Athena Training and Consulting in 2005 and there are some common outcomes that are desired from Leadership training. Here are 7 areas where I have found organizations want training and coaching for their leaders so they can build .
Organizations and Employees want the following attributes/attitudes in their Leaders:
1) Leaders who are consistently approachable – people want to trust their leaders and know they can always come to them when they need their support. Leaders that deal with difficult situations in a timely and fair manner.
2) Leaders who listen and understand the employee’s perspective (this does not mean agree with them, it means the employ has the experience of being heard.
3) Leaders who are positive, focused, yet flexible (open to new ideas)
4) Leaders who support their employees to being their best. Delegating and coaching to give employees an opportunity to grow.
5) Leaders who set a clear direction and walk their talk. Leaders who live with integrity to what they say they will do and what they actually do.
6) Leaders who communicate when things go well and celebrate employee’s successes – recognition.
7) Leaders who set challenging yet achievable goals that are aligned with the Company mission and support the success of the employees with a high level of accountability.