“Inside the Magic Kingdom” (part one) by Cindy Stradling CSP, CPC
Inside the Magic Kingdom (part one) by Cindy Stradling CSP, CPC
Several years ago I read the book Inside the Magic Kingdom by Tom Connellan for a project I was working on for a client. I am rerunningthis series of blogs as there is so much wisdom in this book on how to provide extraordinary customer experiences every time. For the next seven weeks I am going to share with you the seven lessons outlined in this book. At the back of the book Tom has provided questions for each lesson that each reader can apply to their own situation and I will include them as well. The book gives the readers permission to use the information provided proper credit is given to the author.
The competition is anyone the customer compares you with.
When I first read this concept I thought, how can that be? In the book talks about how the same people that call your organization also call other companies and people are always comparing whether they realize it or not. Quote from the book If someone else satisfies customers better than you do, no matter what type of business, you suffer by comparison. Literally everyone competes in the world of customer experience and satisfaction. It is the same whether you are talking about an internal or external customer.
Questions for discussion with your team:
1. Recall a situation where you were very impresses with the level of service you received. How did it raise your expectations of other companies?
2. How does our companys service compare?
3. Who are our direct competitors?
4. Who else might our customers compare us with?
5. What does that suggest about how we might change the way we do business?