The Benefits Of A Hybrid Team Model by Cindy Stradling CSL, CPC
Hybrid teams or a hybrid work model existed in some businesses and industries before 2020 and COVID, but it has become the go-to option for many companies during and after the pandemic.
A hybrid team is made up of members that have a flexible schedule with regard to location. At any time, some team members may be working from home or a remote location, while other team members may be in the office or at the workplace.
There are several benefits to a hybrid team model for both companies and team members. To help understand the advantages of this model, let’s look at the option from both the business and the team members’ perspectives.
For the business, a hybrid team offers the following advantages:
- Reduced costs of operation – businesses can downsize their physical space as only a portion of their workforce is ever in the workplace at one time. This helps to reduce overhead costs.
- Increases employee satisfaction – team members that can choose a remote work location or work from home are more effective at creating a schedule that helps them to manage their work and life responsibilities.
- Increased talent pool – remote team members no longer have to live in a limited geographic area. Instead, the company can open up its search area, tapping into a larger pool of qualified candidates.
- Boosts productivity – team members spend less time commuting and have greater control over their working hours. This allows team members to choose times to work that offers the highest level of productivity and the ability to connect with their customers and clients.
Benefits For Team Members
Team members will have the following benefits when working with a hybrid model:
- Greater flexibility – this allows team members to choose the times they want to work remotely or in the office. By opening this up to the team member, they are able to create flexible solutions that respect their obligations, most productive times, and their autonomy to do their job.
- Work/Life balance and wellness – team members that are able to spend time going to their child’s school event, taking care of their own health and wellness needs, or spending time doing what they enjoy are healthier, happier, and more likely to stay at their current job. They are also more productive and less likely to use sick time.
- Flexible living solutions – in high cost real estate areas across the country, remote or hybrid work allows team members to live further from work or in lower rent or real estate areas without extending their commute time.
- Increased opportunities – applying for jobs outside of your geographic area is also a perk for team members when seeking a job. Most job seekers now report a preference for the option to work from home or remotely in a hybrid work model.
Both businesses and teams benefit from hybrid work models. This helps to build an inclusive, loyal, and long-term relationship between team members, leaders, and the business.