Time Management with Outlook
Research indicates many people have dozens, HUNDREDS or even THOUSANDS of emails in their Inbox!
- Some of those emails are critical for follow up resulting in the ‘Inbox’ becoming one of several to-do lists.
- Some of those emails contain valuable information that needs to be kept. In effect the Inbox is used as a filing cabinet.
- Some of those emails can be deleted.
- After having read some of the emails several times, many people still cannot decide what if, anything needs to be done, but they decide to keep it – “just in case.” Living in the Inbox as opposed to visiting it wastes time.
“+65 minutes per day per person is the average of all respondents in all companies”
Participants in working with Outlook start their day with:
- An almost empty Inbox.
- All of their to do’s in one place.
- A plan for the day – identifying what MUST get done and what could wait if it had to.
- A Calendar with any and all appointments showing.
- A greater level of control.
Convert Outlook from an email engine into a Workload Management Tool as shown below!
What You Will Learn:
- The correct and effective use of the Task Pad/To Do bar.
- How to convert emails into tasks or appointments, allowing you to clean up the Inbox.
- The correct and effective use of the calendar only for meetings and appointments.
- To develop a complete information management tool for planning, recording and retrieving notes, conversations and emails and effective use of folders. (That will sync to your Blackberry)
- How to re-configure Outlook to start your day proactively.
- How to establish rules to streamline your Inbox and deal with urgent vs. non-urgent emails.
- How to organize your time, plan your day and improve your work/life balance.
- A process to manage email.
- To work from only ONE task list.
This one day program runs from9:02 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Approximately 4-6 weeks later our consultant will contact you to arrange a personal consultation to review and reinforce the program and help customize to your unique situation.
By products of the program include increased motivation and a reduction in stress, burnout and turnover. More and more of today’s office workers are looking not just for a pay cheque, but for meaningful activity.