Manager As Coach Program Outline
Defining Managerial Coaching:
- What does coach training contribute to effective management?
- The key difference between “Boss” management and a “Coaching” style of management”
- Becoming a managerial coach
Explore Powerful Coaching Questions:
- How to coach the employee towards clear aims and results through organizing effective questions.
- Managers move from being “answer givers” to “question askers”.
- Outcome development questions: Effective tools to create a clear mandate for employees growth
- Vision development questions: Effective tools to create energy and commitment to a new vision
- How do people become passionate about what they want?
Relationship Building Skills – Taking Coach Position:
The structure of effective coaching conversations starts with building trust and relationship.
Effective Structures for Coaching:
Here, we will begin a systematic exploration of Solution Outcome Methodologies applied to coaching, and show how they integrate wonderfully to cohere a framework of powerful questions. We will show some best-practice methods for moving beyond ‘hands on’ management.
- Effective Contracts and how they build success.
- Push Button questions, exceptions questions and scaling questions
- Experiential, hands-on well-developed exercises.
Leading through Gaining Commitment:
Leading through gaining commitment not compliance, means that we learn how to manage by using people’s own self evaluations as the cornerstone to ongoing improvement. We leave behind the pitfalls of power management. It is important to understand the natural habits of leadership through feedback.
- How to develop your employees self evaluation of their own effectiveness.
- How to develop awareness of behaviors and their results.
- How to move beyond the “Failure Frame”.